Friday, February 3, 2012

Monkey Bread, Yum Yum

I have fond memories of eating monkey bread when I was kid, so I thought I would give my kids those sweet memories too.  They are 5 and 7 and hearty little eaters, so I knew when I thought of making this, it would be a hit. 

I am always looking for something a little different in the kitchen.  I get tired of the same ole, same ole.  I remembered eating this and hunted a recipe down and actually found one in a Kid's Paula Dean cookbook.  The name of the book is Paula Dean's My First Cook Book.  My kid's and I cook together from this book ALL the time.  It's a great way to teach them.  The book is EASY for kids to understand.  It has great pictures, and even tells them what tools they will need with pictures of the tools and ingredients. 

Anyway, back to the recipe.   I changed the method a bit, but the ingredients are the same. 





3 cans of biscuits ( 10 each per can)
1 cup of sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick of butter


I took a pair of scissors ( I use them instead of knives all the time.)  And I cut the biscuits into quarters.  I placed the cinnamon and sugar in a gallon size baggies with the quartered biscuits and shook it till they were all covered (Don't forget to seal the bag shut.  LOL) 

I then melted the butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan. 

I sprayed non stick spray in a pound cake pan and I added the coated biscuits and poured the brown sugar and butter melt on top.  I baked it in the oven for 45 minutes on 325 degrees.  The recipe calls for a bunt pan and to cook it for 35 minutes, but I don't have a bunt pan.  So I used what I had and adjusted the cooking time, because I wanted to make sure the center biscuits were cooked completely and I was using a more condensed pan. 

This turned out delicious.  My kids ATE and ATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment