Saturday, February 11, 2012

Homemade Bath Salts

I LOVE SMELLS!  Well at least good ones. HA!   I also love to pamper myself as much as possible and when I ran across this recipe on Pinterest, I had to try it!  It was ALSO extremely inexpensive to make because I already had the essential oils, the salts, and the coloring.  I just need containers and I headed to Dollar Tree and found these little gems, for ( you guessed it) a dollar a piece.  And they are GLASS AND HAVE A SCREW ON TOP!  WHOOP!  Love a bargain.   

For the original recipe click HERE. 



Bath Salts Recipe
3/4 cup Epsom salts
1/2 cup coarse sea salt
1/4 cup baking soda
8 drops essential oil
food coloring

 ( I didn't have the coarse kind, so I used the fine grain sea salt and it worked just fine) 

I mixed all the dry ingredients together first with a fork.  I tripled this recipe and divided it into 3 equal parts.  Using different essential oils and coloring for each jar, I added oils and mixed some more, and lastly, I added the coloring. 

I made one of Grapefruit.  Grapefruit Oil is a wonderfully energizing oil that isn't too strong or overpowering. Both white and pink grapefruit oils are available, with Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil generally being considered the sweeter of the two.  Aromatic Description: Citrus. Tangy like grapefruit, but sweet. It is reminiscent to the aroma of the grapefruit rind, but more concentrated. 


 One of Peppermint/Sweet Orange.  Sweet Orange Essential Oil is most often referred to simply as Orange Oil.  With its versatility, affordability and wonderfully uplifting aroma, Orange Oil is one of the most popular of essential oils.  Aromatic Description: Citrus, sweet, reminiscent of orange peels, but more concentrated.  Aromatic Description: Minty, reminiscent of peppermint candies, but more concentrated. More fragrant than spearmint.

And One of Eucalyptus and Tea Tree. Eucalyptus Oil Uses: Arthritis, bronchitis, catarrh, cold sores, colds, coughing, fever, flu, poor circulation, sinusitis.  Aromatic Description: Eucalyptus Oil is fresh, medicinal, woody, earthy.  Tea Tree Oil Uses: Acne, athlete's foot, candida, chicken pox, cold sores, colds, corns, cuts, flu, insect bites, itching, migraine, oily skin, ringworm, sinusitis, sores, spots, urethritis, warts, whooping cough.  Aromatic Description: Tea Tree Oil is medicinal, fresh, woody, earthy, herbaceous.


For more information on essential oils and their uses, along with recipes and o=a lot of other useful information please click HERE. 

Other places to use your essential oils:  Add a few drops of oil to your trash can, laundry wash, drain, vacuum bag filter, or on a tissue for placement in your drawers.

Now head to Dollar Tree and get you some of these great little jars and pamper yourself!  You know you deserve it!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment